Netflix is probably one of the most famous streaming services on everyone’s radar right now. With almost 209 million paying subscribers in the world, there has to be a reason for its 16 million user-base spike in 2021, as compared to 2020. It is compatible with most of the popular streaming devices, which also includes Firestick. For those of you who aren’t familiar with how to download and use the Netflix app on your Firestick, then this tutorial is here to help you!
How to get the Netflix app on Firestick
It doesn’t take much to get started with downloading a Netflix app on your Firestick, especially since the app is readily available on the Amazon app store. If you’re new to using Netflix and Firestick, then you might need this tutorial to get started. You could also use the same tutorial to get access to other streaming or gaming apps on your Fire device. Here’s how you can get started:
- Start up your Firestick device.
- Go to the search bar, with the little magnifying glass icon.
- Type “Netflix,” and then click on it.
- When you find the Netflix app, click on “Get” or “Download” depending on what option you have.
- The Netflix app will now begin to download and install on your Firestick device.
- Click on “Open” once the app downloads.
- Sign in to your account that’s if you already have one.
That’s it! You can now stream Netflix on your Firestick! Also note, if you’ve already signed up for Netflix, but are planning on accessing it from abroad while traveling for work or vacation, there are chances you won’t be able to access it.
As most of you know, that even though Netflix offers an unlimited source of the best movies, TV shows, documentaries and more for you to stream, the Netflix you use is not the same Netflix that other people use. Netflix has a number of content libraries, and certain libraries are only accessible within a certain country. Once you get yourself the Netflix app on your Firestick, you should think about getting a VPN for it too. When you connect to a VPN, you will be able to change your IP address replacing your physical one.
So, if you’re a US resident and already got a US IP address, you will be able to use your Netflix account on Firestick from anywhere in the world. All you need to do is download the VPN on your Firestick by using the same tutorial above, sign up for it, and connect to any server you need.
How to choose a VPN for Netflix and one that supports Firestick
There are countless of VPNs in the industry, and most don’t work reliably. But, how do you know which one to choose? There are certain features or aspects that you need to look for. Here is what you should look for:
- Choose one that first supports Netflix and Fire TV devices. It’s a plus point if it supports other popular devices Roku, Windows, Android, iOS, routers etc.
- Make sure it offers a free trial and a refund period so that you at least have the chance to test the VPN out before settling.
- Should be able to bypass ISP speed and bandwidth throttling.
- The VPN should not log any user data.
- The server network must be extensive so that you have the option of connecting to multiple servers if ones doesn’t work.
And that’s a wrap! You now know how to download and use Netflix on your Firestick device! We’ve also mentioned that using a VPN will help you bypass ISP throttling, and will help you access Netflix and other streaming services on your Firestick if ever traveling abroad.